terça-feira, 27 de outubro de 2015

I Want to Hide My Face and Die with Acid Ghost - An Interview



Ace Barcelon e Mikey Mendoza formam o Acid Ghost que debutou em julho desse ano com o pegajoso Vacation e já prepara o sucessor com data marcada, I Want to Hide My Face and Die sai dia 26 de novembro.

O que os une além do ano de lançamento é a fórmula que o duo encontrou pra criar suas pop songs em formato lo-fi, cheias de melancolia e delicadeza e dubiedade, mas com aquele ar de certa maneira desleixado, o que torna o Acid Ghost mais atraente ainda, ah doses de BJM aparecem insistentemente. 

Se soa inovador? Óbvio que não, precisa mesmo? Como dizem Ace e Mikey, tudo é por pura diversão, E é bem por aí.
***** Interview with Acid Ghost *****

 

Q. When did Acid Ghost start? tell us about the history...
-Acid ghost is a band that my friend Mikey Mendoza and I made to just have fun and write music on our free time. A month ago Mikey moved to Idaho so I've been running acid ghost by myself for now until he comes back.

Q: Who are your influences?
-Diiv, Tame impala, Ty Segall, Michael Jackson

Q. Make a list of 5 albuns of all time…
- I don't know about Mikey, but my list would be
1. Tame impala- Lonerism
2. The Velvet Underground and Nico
3. The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan
4. The Jesus and Mary Chain- Psychocandy
5. Johnny Cash Live at Folsom Prison

Q. How do you feel playing live?
- playing live was always kind of hard for us since we're both busy. But whenever we have the time we try to play a couple of shows. One day when we're out of school, we'd want to just tour the states and open for Mac Demarco or something.

Q. How do you describe Acid Ghost sounds?
- acid ghost songs sound very random. Usually I write the songs, and whatever I've been recently listening to lately is what I incorporate into the music, whether it's lofi or psychedelic sounding, I'll make whatever I feel in the moment.


Q: Tell us about the process of recording the songs ?
- when a girl leaves me heartbroken, I start playing my guitar and my tears fall down on the strings and plays beautiful melodies

Q. Which new bands do you recommended?
- recently I've been into black metal and noise. For people who have never listened to black metal, I suggest starting off with darkthrone's "A Blaze in the Northern Sky." It's such a great album. People try to stray away from black metal because of the satanic image they portray but it's just music man. Whatever sounds good sounds good. Oh, also there's this band called Warm Soda who plays really short and catchy indie pop songs. They're amazing.

Q: Which band would you love to made a cover version of?
- I've been wanting to cover FKA Twig's "two weeks" and Dear Nora's "Up on a Roof"

Q: What are your plans for the future?
- since Mikey's gone, I've been working on this album called "I Want to Hide My Face and Die" which releases November 26. This is an album that I'm actually taking seriously and an album that I've been working hard on. So yeah, expect a more serious album about depression and heartache, and less about summer time and the beach.

Q: Any parting words
- Everyone send Anthony Fantano my music so he can review my upcoming album. Him reviewing my music has been my lifetime dream. Thanks for the support, and this interview was fun to do!
*
*
*
Thanks

https://acidghostsf.bandcamp.com/
https://www.facebook.com/AcidGhostSF