segunda-feira, 30 de novembro de 2015

Some Kind Of Magic with Mellow Lizard - An Interview

Psicodelia grega a serviço do derretimento de neurônios, este é o Mellow Lizard, projeto capitaneado pelo próprio Mr. Mellow Lizard.

É em Some Kind of Magic, o EP de estreia que o Mellow Lizard apresenta seu cartão de visitas, andamentos arrastados, pegajosos e aquela vocalização preguiçosamente chapada guiam as seis viagens sonoras.

O Mellow Lizard vem engrossar o poderio atual da espetacular cena psych mundial. 

Escute alto, e em todos os sentidos preferencialmente.

***** Interview with Mellow Lizard *****


Q: When did Mellow Lizard start? tell us about the history...
A: It all started one year ago,I always wanted to write my own stuff so I decided to make a solo project and start recording music. At the start I was recording only instumental songs then I
had the right equipment to record vocals synths etc. and I recorded some songs for an Ep that I released one month ago. There's not really much to say actually.

Q: Who are your influences?
A: Pink Floyd,Jimmi Hendrix,Mazzy Star and also a lot of newer bands like The Black Angels,All Them Witches, The Stargazer Lilies etc.

Q: Make a list of 5 albums of all time…
A: Well since it's the 5 albums of all time, I have to go from where I started
1.Led Zeppelin I
2.Pink Floyd Dark Side Of The Moon
3.Jimmi Hendrix Are You Experienced
4.The Doors Morrison Hotel
5.Black Sabbath Master Of Reality

Q: How do you feel playing live?
A: I really love playing live,but i work alone at the moment so i can't do any shows right now but i'm
looking forward to it.

Q: How do you describe Mellow Lizard sounds?
A: A little bit psychedelic and "shoegazy" mellow sounds.


Q: Tell us about the process of recording the songs ?
A: Well all of my music is recorded in my bedroom I plug in my guitar and start jammin, if it sounds good I start recording.I lay down some lyrics at the moment and get the song done.

Q: Which new bands do you recommended?
A: Sin Kitty (soundcloud.com/search?q=sin%20kitty)
The Mushroom Club (soundcloud.com/the-mushroom-club)
Jesus On Heroin (soundcloud.com/jesusonheroine)

Q: Which band would you love to made a cover version of?
A: I don't have a song in mind right now but I recently  covered one of my favourite songs "Wild Thing" by The Troggs.

Q: What are your plans for the future?
A: Right now I am recording some new stuff for an Lp I'm working on and I'm starting a new project with a good friend of mine,we will record some songs and hopefylly we will release an Ep in a month or two and I hope I will be able to do some live shows during 2016 to promote my upcoming Lp.

Q: Any parting words?
A: Music is everything.
*
*
*
Thanks

https://www.facebook.com/mellow.lizard
https://mellowlizard.bandcamp.com