sábado, 16 de abril de 2016

Slow Motives with The Pathetic and The Elegant - An Interview


Luke Fisher é The Pathetic and The Elegant, projeto lo fi até a médula. A sensação é de que tudo que esta inserido dentro do último trabalho Slow Motives, lançado no ano passado pela Spellabee Space foi gravado dentro de um quarto e com o mínimo de recursos possíveis, o que de fato provavelmente é uma verdade absoluta.

Slow Motives é altamente ensolarado e confesso, que muitas vezes me lembra o nosso saudoso The Cigarettes e claro tem muito de Magnetic Fields também.

O The Pathetic and The Elegant é daqueles projetos que esta pouco se lixando com a indústria, ou com exposição na mídia ou com qualquer coisa do gênero, aqui o prazer é único e exclusivamente em se fazer música e isso o TBTCI aprova e endossa 100%.

Vida longa ao The Pathetic and The Elegant e a Spellabee Space.


***** Interview with The Pathetic and The Elegant *****

Q. When did The Pathetic and The Elegant start? Tell us about the history...
The Pathetic and Elegant started when I was studying abroad in Japan, I had been making music on again and off again since I was around 14, but when I was abroad I had some time to make a full length album again (I Am In Love). Since then I've been working under that moniker and producing music, podcasts, and art.

Q: Who are your influences?
Musically, probably people like James Kochalka Superstar, of Montreal, The Magnetic Fields. But it's difficult to say, because I think people like Mitch Hedberg and Bill Watterson had just as much as an influence on me to make art and music.

Q. Make a list of 5 albums of all time…
As with everyone these things change and I'm sure that after I submit this I'll remember something but here is a solid list.

5. AXIA - Saito Yuki
4. Tsumanne - Shinsei Kamattechan
3. My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
2. 69 Love Songs - The Magnetic Fields
1. Our Most Beloved - James Kochalka Superstar

Q. How do you feel playing live?
I don't actively seek out playing shows. Not because I am nervous or embarrassed or anything. I have no problem getting up in front of a group of strangers and singing my heart out. It's really more of a satisfaction thing. I get the most satisfaction from making and releasing the music and then sharing it with people all over the world. So I feel like it's better for me to focus my attention on that. Plus with finding shows there is so much stress in finding bands to play with, getting in contact with promoters and advertising. If people want me to play I'll do it, but in the meantime I have other things I am excited about.

Q. How do you describe The Pathetic and The Elegant sounds?
Me complaining over lofi beats. I sing about love too.


Q: Tell us about the process of recording the songs?
I usually write a bunch of lyrics before hand. Every album gets it's own book and I basically just write and write until I feel I have enough content. Then I produce the songs and then splice up what I have written and form them into songs.

Q. Which new bands do you recommend?
Spellabee Space just released a single from our new artist Rebel called But Don't Call Him Father that's fantastic. There will be a full length album coming out soon too. Also our friend at The Modern Folk released a new album called Modern Folk II that people should also listen to.

Q: Which band would you love to made a cover version of?
I love 80's j-pop and I would love to do any number of Saito Yuki, Togawa Jun, Okada Yukiko songs!

Q: What are your plans for the future?
I would like to do more multi-media art projects relating to music and The Pathetic and Elegant as well as continuing working on Spellabee Space related projects, promoting our new artists and forever strive to make good work.

Q: Any parting words?
Thank you so very much for asking us to interview, we love the blog and we greatly appreciate all the work that you do. I hope that TBTCI runs for many more years to come.

Please check out Spellabee Space we care an extraordinary about about it and we hope that you will too.
*
*
*
Thanks

https://spellabeespace.bandcamp.com/album/slow-motives
http://www.spellabeespace.com/